Givers of Life
Please log-in or register to post here Smile
Givers of Life
Please log-in or register to post here Smile
Givers of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are an Ally guild from the Realm Belfalas on the Dethpod Private Server. All our welcome to view our forums and website.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGOL Webpage

thoughts about GoL guild organisation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hecaté

thoughts about GoL guild organisation Empty
PostSubject: thoughts about GoL guild organisation   thoughts about GoL guild organisation EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 am

Heya, Heqet here. alien

IT TOOK ME MUCH LONGER TO WRITE THIS THAN IT WILL TAKE YOU TO READ, PLEASE DO FIND THE TIME AND THINK AND REACT. IT WILL MEAN A LOT TO ME, THANK YOU.

Later today, I will happily give away the leadership of guild to my follower in office. As I already stated around the time I joined the guild, which was in time it had only few members, I am not the right person to be put to leaderships place. Since I have been there before with my own guild and I realised, I am no longer willing to give my time and nerves to managing a group of people that have no objective reason to listen to me and want just have fun. Which happenes to be my current goal as well Smile But here I was, at least temporarily and from what I saw, I made conclusions.

I would never thought, the guild will stay so successful after Brothery stopped having time to be online day and night and I could never imagine this shifting leadrship working in practice, but it does. And its truly amazing.

The thing is, the guild grows bigger and in the officers rank are people, that are seriously trying to make it work. But there is no common information basis for them, not even for the new GM.

It doesnt matter, if the guild should work democraticly - every officer has a vote - or autocraticly - GM decides how it will work - neither concept works currently.

From the practice now: I as GM, or some officer, come with some concept and ask officers online, if they thing its good, all agree, maybe with some additional thoughts, I say - so should it be. Than in a few hours we go offline, next day, there are other officers online that know nothing and are surprised, I want them to follow some concepts unknown to them. There are events that force us to put rules down (like GV thefts). But the rule cannt be decided by few and than explained to everyone else one by one in a period of a few weeks.

So finaly, what I propose here: We have forums now. I would like to see it working for us.
Ever officer should check on the forums reguraliry (ideally once a day).
If someone decide, there is a matter, that has to be discussed, he starts a forum topic.
The matter will be decided after every officer stated an oppinion about it on the forums (yes, no, dont care is enough).
That way we ensure, everyone knows, there is something going on and why.
Than the GM will decide, what will happen.
There should be a list of rules for officers, that will than be changed.
If people red the forums, they know already what has changed.
It may happen, someone cannt come online daily, than they voting right can be posponed and when they come online again, they will check the updated list of rules and act accordingly.
There should be one part of forum devoted only to discussing organising matters, so that people dont have to browse through general jabber, when this forum starts to live more, and can skip to what matters. That way, the officers work may be simplified and wont require much time... just to log on once a day and check... Can be minute or two, depending on your connection Smile

That way, being officer and GM will become much easier,because the whole.. "you did it wrong, we already decided to do it other way" "But when? noone told me and last time I checked, other people did it the other way" "bug three days ago, we talked about what happened and we decided to do it this way, dont do it any more" "But I didnt do anything wrong, you are mean to me, I dont like you" ... will vanish for good... and in fact, such conversation in last days are reason why I write this essay.

So this is me, doing my best to improve the guilds work for everyones good. The only thing that I really want from you is to state an oppinion. And if it will be positive or negative - to spread it amongst other officers.
I want us to communicate with each other more effectivelly and I do not want us to argue for no reason... just for things, that really matter.

And now to wait for the right person to come on, so I can happily abdicate cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about GoL guild organisation   thoughts about GoL guild organisation EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I agree with you 100% Hecate! There should be a little more organization in the guild just too make things a lot easier for the new and old GM's and even for the members in the guild. Next time I Brothery online I think im going too bring this topic up to him and see what we can do to make the guild all that it can be.
Back to top Go down
https://giversoflife.4umer.com
Tenderleaf

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about GoL guild organisation   thoughts about GoL guild organisation EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm

grrr just spent 10 minutes answering... then comes the cat on the keyboard... and byebye all my text >.<

mmm so i was saying: Great ideas Heqet, i like your suggestions.

I would like to further suggest that we have a "private" section of the forum, only accessible to officers to deal with delicate subjects, such as decision about behavior of members, who gets in as officers...etc. Anything that regards other members and require our voting, as we don't want to piss anyone or having people prying Smile
I don't know if this is feasible, but i guess Dorf will know and will tell us Smile

This probably should be on a separate topic, but i dunno if i can or how to create new topics (enlighten me pls ):
I am thinking of posting rules of the GV. As many of you know, i have taken a liking at organizing this wild devil, and at spamming the guild chat with ever changing rules and frustration Razz I would update it regularly to our current needs in term of what to, or not to put in there.
The info tab of the GV is unfortunately a bit too limited for that. And many people don't even check it (mmm i gotta confess that i did not for the longest time :S). The question is, will people check the rules in the forum? well i did, so i hope they will Very Happy

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Brothery

PostSubject: Agree with Heqet on checking of guildvault   thoughts about GoL guild organisation EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I did this so frequently when our guild is small to understand everyone pattern and avoid issues. Good with more people helping on this
Back to top Go down
Grins

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about GoL guild organisation   thoughts about GoL guild organisation EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:40 am

I'm all for organisation in a guild/group.

Being new here I'm certain that you have all experienced 'best practices' already which I may agree to.

Is it possible to force (in a friendly manner mind you) every active member of the guild to introduce themselves?
Or even start an uptodate roster (with all alts of members also listed)
So that at the minimum new members can find out who is who and what is their role in the group.

And since there are over 400 members listed who play all in different time-zones (I'm in Europe for instance) and some are inactive for x time or alts of other members, I find it hard to remember which member is who etc.

The GV is very nice to have but I find it lacking in the sense that I don't know what type of items the guild wants, needs or doesn't want.
GV is full of items, maybe its an idea to have alts (for the senior officers) with max bagspace so that surplus items (or even the ones of highest value/scarcity) could be stored there?

And then it might be a good idea to have an overview somewhere (for instance on the forum) with all the items we have and who controls them?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts about GoL guild organisation   thoughts about GoL guild organisation Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts about GoL guild organisation
Page 1 of 1